THANK YOU to everyone to came and partied with us, performed, volunteered, served food and drinks, got involved with circus skills, cheered, chatted and spread the word.
This July, Strike A Light and Gloucester Guildhall are partnering with the Roundhouse, Gloucester Culture Trust and The Music Works to transform the rooftops of King's Walk multi-storey and Eastgate Centre carparks into a summer festival of theatre, music and performance.
Together we've joined forces with artists across the country to bring the perfect collision of classical music, hip hop, R'n'B, pop, rap, rock and spoken word to Gloucester.
Combined with a rooftop bar, we welcome you to park up and while away your long summer evenings with us.
The Gloucester Rooftop marks the first collaboration with the Roundhouse for the Gloucester-Roundhouse Exchange.
- All the events take place of the rooftop of the King's Walk Multi-storey carpark, apart from The Multi-Story Early Show, which is on Eastgate Centre Rooftop Carpark. The carparks are linked by foot and will be part of the same site
- These carparks will remain open so please take care travelling to and from the festival site.
- Parking is free after 5pm.
- Getting here by public transport / foot:
There are direct trains to Gloucester from most major cities. To plan your trip by rail, visit: www.nationalrail.co.uk.
You can plan your visit by bus by visiting: www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables
The rooftop is accessible via Gloucester Guildhall (23 Eastgate Street, GL1 1NS) from street level to access this car park. Take the stairs/lift to level 3 and follow the signs to exit the building.
Please note, Gloucester Guildhall will closed for access at 10pm each night
There is a stairwell located at the foot of the entrance to King's Walk Multi Storey Car Park. Please head up the first ramp (taking care of moving vehicles) and enter the door directly in front of you, heading up to floor 6. This stairwell will remain open for the duration of the event. Wheelchair access is available via the car park ramps after the Guildhall is closed. Please take care on exiting the car park.
Access will also be available via Eastgate Shopping Centre stairwell / lifts until 5pm and King's Walk Shopping Centre until 6pm daily.
- Your tickets will be delivered to you as an e-ticket. Please be ready to show this to gain entrance to the events - either on a mobile device or a printed version.
- The rooftop bar and food area is only accessible to event ticket holders.
- Our box office will only allow you to book for one event at a time. We do not charge any booking fees, so you will not be penalised for making multiple transactions.
- Tickets will be available on the door (subject to availability)
- For the Family Day, the Family Ticket is for family groups of all sizes
- The event times stated are start times, please make sure you arrive with plenty of time to make your way to the event space.
- The Rooftop bar will be open for drinks and food before and for the duration of the events.
- Please don't bring your own alcohol (or drugs) on to site. Challenge 25 ID checks and bag searches will be in operation.
- Please be aware that the rooftop events are open air, outdoor, standing* events.
- Events will go ahead regardless of the weather and refunds will not be given in lieu of bad weather, with the exception of cancellation if conditions are deemed unsafe by the event organisers. Please dress appropriately.
- Please note that some performances may contain language or material that may offend some people. Under 14’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult (over 18 years) for all events.
- We will have bins and recycling facilities on site and ask that you help us to keep the site clean by disposing of any rubbish.